I work with organizations and individuals to lead them through the creation of a centralized vision that uses digital tools, communication design, physical environments, art direction and strategy to assist them with the enhancement of their programming, storytelling, art practice, curatorial practice and/or community building.
Creative direction includes leading the entire vision for some or all of the following–communication design, interactive design, and conceptual design. The time frame for this process can be short or long term.
WHO I WORK WITH
I work primarily with art institutions, designers, artists, and non-profits to deliver any of the following examples:
- Long term design direction for a gallery
- Product design for a digital platform
- Conceptual design for museums
- Event creation
WHAT DO I DELIVER
Projects can be structured into small sections that fit the needs of each organization. Specific components can include:
- Developing creative and digital concept for grants
- Digital tool analysis and recommendations
- Audience and stakeholder surveys
- Mood boards and design concepts
- Project management
- Managing designers and artists
- Managing output quality
- Reporting on outcomes
Currently, I am focused on two larger projects. One is for the Canadian Coalition of Independent Media Art Distributors to create a video streaming platform (CCIMAD) called VUCAVU. The second is the creation of a West Kootney, BC, cultural sector marketing tool.
RESOURCES ON FLIPBOARD